Saturday, January 3, 2009

Best Rudraksha : All Rudraksh are not Equal



The Best Rudraksha is always Ek mukhi. It's O.k. What about the quality differences? How to choose a Best Rudraksha from the same category? It is a must know info before purchasing a Rudraksha. Luckily, Puranas clearly told the characters of Best Rudraksha.

Guidelines to find out Best Rudraksha:













Big Rudraksha are superior to small Rudraksha.

Big Rudraksha: 
It will be in the size of an Amla fruit (Dhatri phala) with a radius above 2 c.m. It gives both Materialistic and Spiritual wealth (Bhoga Moksha prada). It protects from Dangers.

Medium sized Rudraksha: 
It will be in the size of Zizyphus fruit (Badari phala) with a radius between 1 to 2 c.m. It gives medium results.

Small Rudraksha: 
It will be in the size of Chick pea (Chana) with a radius below 1 c.m. It gives Materialistic wealth.
 
Tantras suggest Big Rudraksh for wearing on the body and Small Rudraksh for making a Japa mala to chant Mantras.

There are some Rudrakshas with a radius of 4 c.m! They are very very rare. And they are not meant for normal people. Great Spiritual leaders use them for the benefits of the world. Never mistake a Fake Rudraksha with them. 

Strong Rudraksha are superior to Weak Rudraksha. Brittle Rudraksha are from Unripe fruits. They will lose groves in few years. They are not good. 

Even Rudraksha are superior to Uneven Rudraksha. A beautiful Rudraksha is always supported. It should be Round. It should have clear groves and lines. Don't use Malformed Rudraksha. It results in Poverty. Few groves represent low Energy.

Beads from Rudraksha fruits which dry up on the tree itself are Best. Rudraksha fruits will grasp Solar power and Cosmic energy as they ripen. They gain Magnetic field as they dry up. Rudraksha beads from Unripe fruits and Ripen fruits which fell on the ground are of lower quality.

A Rudraksha bead which has a Natural central hole is of Supreme quality. But, they are only 0.01%. We have to make hole for the remaining.

Rudraksha beads which should not be used:

Uneven shaped Rudraksha and Rudraksha spoiled by Insects and fungi should never be used. They will have Negative energy and bring Misfortune.

Finally, Nepal Rudraksha (From Himalayas) is considered Best. It is based on the Origin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi SriHari,

My Ekmukhi rudraksha definitly has grooves and contours, but in some areas it lookes like it lost some grooves. The grooves are full of black colour, don't know real or coloured by the seller. How can I make sure that my rudraksha is not affected by fungus or bitten by insects? please advice.

Mahesh, Kannur

Srihari said...

What's that? You can see fungus/insects with your eye, if they are :)

Anonymous said...

Hi SriHari,

Thanks a lot for the reply. What actually I meant was there are tiny areas which look like groove formed by loosing tiny bits from its surface. I worry if it is by some insect bite or something ilke that....and if it can be used or not? nobody here to help me with authenticity...One more thing SriHari, When I took it to a goldsmith he said it is not ekamukha it is 6 mukha. One other fellow told me it is not at all a rudraksha, but fake. At last I went to a lab(some sort of lab where u can by handicrafts and even rudraksha run by the govt.) the person in charge tried to help me..and as far as he is concerned, it is 2 mukha and told me it lookes like a strange but original bead. Am in a mess really.

Srihari said...

Believe the answer given by the Govt. shop in-charge. He is an expert and has no self-interest. and, if you have a Govt. shop near by, better chose that for future purchases. Decide your self, by having a look at your Rudraksha, whether it has good appearance or not. That is final. Yes you must feel satisfaction by seeing your Rudraksha.

Anonymous said...

Sure Srihari...thanks

Only yesterday I came to know that there is a shop run by govt.where ekamukha is also available....Rs.2500(cashewnut shaped). My nakshatra is Vishakha, date of birth March 19. I am thinking of buying a five mukha rudraksha and wear it along with the one I already have. I am planning to wear it along with the one I have as a locket of pendant. Can I use any thread for making pendant? apart from gold and silver, I mean. Also am interested to wear it as a bracelet. Can I wear it attaching to a thread as a bracelet or do I need more than one to make a bracelet.? which is the better way to wear a 5 mukha for me....and also please tell me is it right 5 mukha wich suits my birth star?

Mahesh

Srihari said...

Yes, Any cotton thread can be used, even for Eka mukhi. No need for many Rudrakshas to make a bracelet. No prohibition for Visakha people to wear 5 mukhi.